Covid 19 – Our Viewing Protocol
The Scottish Government has now released updated guidance on how home moves can proceed. The guidance applies from 29th June 2020.
The updated guidance is available to view here and we ask that you view this before arranging a viewing of one of our properties.
Viewings must be conducted with safety in mind. Our protocol is as follows:
- Initial viewings must be done virtually/by video wherever this is possible.
- Physical viewings will only take place if following the virtual/video viewing you have a strong interest in the property.
- All viewings will take place by appointment and must only involve no more than two members of a single household. This is to ensure physical distancing.
- No open house viewings will take place.
- We request that you wear a face mask or covering and gloves when attending a viewing. The Scottish Government has produced guidance on face coverings. Use of PPE is not a substitute for physical distancing practices, which must also be maintained.
- Surface touching within the property should be avoided completely and you should wash or sanitise your hands before entering and after leaving.
- You should wait in your car or 2 metres from the entrance of a property until you are invited in.
- The viewing should be kept to no more than 20 minutes. Follow up questions can be dealt with by phone or email.
- You should ensure the property is deep cleaned and has been well ventilated prior to any visits. Door handles / all surfaces should be wiped before and after each viewing.
- All doors/cupboards/attic hatches within properties should be left open and light switches on to avoid surface contact.
- PPE should be worn by sellers if conducting the viewing themselves and by viewing agents. (This includes a face mask/covering, gloves and hand sanitiser/wipes should be available for use by anyone entering/leaving the property).
- You should allow 20 minutes per viewing to ensure previous viewers have vacated the property before any new viewer arrives, and you have sufficient time to wipe down surfaces again.
- Unless you are conducting the viewing, or physical distancing can easily be maintained, we encourage you to vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place to minimise contact with those not in your household. Please remove any personal belongings or items of value if you do not wish them to be on display.
Questions we will ask sellers and purchasers before arranging a viewing
At the present time, if you answer yes to any of the following, you must not attend a viewing:
- Are you showing symptoms of Covid 19 or have you been asked/advised to self-isolate or shield and have not yet completed the recommended period of self isolation/shielding?
- Are you waiting for a coronavirus test result?
- Have you tested positive for coronavirus and have not yet completed the recommended period of self isolation?
- Do you live with someone who has symptoms, is waiting for a test result, has tested positive or his is self isolating or shielding and who has not yet completed the recommended period of self isolation/shielding?
We will also be asking our professional viewers the same questions.
Typical symptoms now include:
- a new continuous cough
- high temperature.
- loss or change to your sense of taste or smell
If you have any of these symptoms, no matter how mild, you must not conduct or attend a viewing.
We hope that these measures keep everyone safe but if you have any concerns or questions please contact our Property Manager.
A viewing may be terminated by any party at any time if the protocol is not being followed.
Thank you for your understanding at this time.